Summer Assistant Activity Manager
The Assistant Activity Manager position is a predominantly office-based role. It is the job of the Assistant Activity Manager to aid the Activity Manager with the practical organisation of the programme.
Assistant Activity Managers are responsible to the Activity Manager and must:
• Help prepare the weekly activity programme
• Ensure that the centre has all the necessary materials for the week's activities
• Liaise with Head Office or any third-party contractors to restock sports, arts or any other necessary equipment/supplies for the centre
• Assist Head Office with transfers of students on arrival and departure
• Ensure all important paperwork is logically and neatly filed and securely stored
• Create and compile marketing materials for use in the company's website and brochures
• Assist with the general management of the office
• Assist with any activity session should it be necessary
• Work any pastoral duties that form part of the weekly rota
• Work with enthusiasm and to the standard expected by Churchill House
• To ensure that students do not breach the rules of the school
• Engage with students, group leaders and staff in a friendly but professional manner
• Assist at any time, whether on duty or not, with an emergency situation or where a student is ill, injured or absent without permission
• Assist at night time, whether on duty or not, if there are students out of their rooms
Hours of Work
Each day is divided into three sessions (morning, afternoon and evening). This means that there are 21 standard working sessions available each week. Assistant Activity Managers are contracted to work for 18 out of these 21 sessions. In addition to their 18 scheduled sessions, Assistant Activity Managers are also scheduled to conduct up to 5 pastoral sessions each week. The scheduling of free time is the duty of the Activity Manager at each centre.
Assistant Activity Managers start on the second rung of the company's pay scale. For each year they return they move up to the next scale. We aim to promote excellent returning Assistant Activity Managers to Activity Manager positions.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO AMENDS OR ADD TO THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ON RESPONSE TO COMPANY NEEDS
Page last updated 5 January 2012
New Student Transfers System
Churchill House customers can now organise their arrival and departure transfers online.
It is now official… excellent quality and great value.
We are really pleased to announce that we have been short listed for not one but two awards.
Welcome to our new website
Please let us know what you think.
Join our site
It's free to join. Take part in the discussions on our site, receive news of events and special offers, and keep in touch with old and new Churchill House friends.