- The Guardian / Observer
- LEVEL: Good intermediate and above. This is the website of the Guardian and Observer newspapers - two national UK daily newspapers. It's a wonderful site. You can see the latest news articles or download them as a text file to read later. You can also search for an article on a subject that interests you. TEACHING TIP - See our checklist of 10 things you can do with a reading text.
- The English Zone .com
- This is a fun site for students who are learning English as a Second Language, or studying English in general. Learn some idioms, practice English verbs, test your grammar, check out the fun stuff page, write a silly story, or visit links to other English sites! (for students)
- Parapal Online
- Parapal online is the result of two years of development. It takes the best aspects of online educational technology and combines them with years of teaching experience in EAP, IELTS and Cambridge exams. The exercises work as interactive writing and grammar exercises, and can also be used as models of good writing. The site includes a discussion board so you can leave messages to other students.
- Instant Lessons from English to go.com
- This is a commercial site that charges you a subscription if you want to use its library of instant lessons. However, it does offer some free ones and these seem quite high quality with full teachers' notes. TEACHING TIP - This could be a useful source of materials for standby or emergency lessons.
- IELTS Materials
- Adams & Austen Press publishes quality educational publications for classroom use and by students for self-study. Their website also offers a wealth of downloadable practice material and information for anyone interested in the IELTS exam.
- Essay Writing Notes
- LEVEL: Upper intermediate and above. Here are clear and simple notes to help you start writing essays in English. We liked the paragraph plans for different essay types such as the 'Compare and Contrast' essay.
- English Online from E.L.Easton
- A wonderful collection of ESL teaching materials. If you need material on a special topic for your class, you are sure to find it amongst this collection of links.
- Cambridge Dictionaries Online
- A great free resource, which allows you to search 4 online dictionaries; Cambridge International Dictionary of English Cambridge Dictionary of American English Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms Cambridge International Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs
- BBC Learning English
- The Learning English website has a lot of resources for learners of English as a foreign language including online courses, interactive exercises and glossaries of useful vocabulary, as well as audio and video clips.
- 1-language.com ESL Center
- Free, comprehensive ESL Site including forums, realtime chat, jobs, grammar, helplines, multi-lingual content - and much more!
- ESL Cafe
- This is the original and still largely definitive collection of EFL/ESL ideas and links on the web. Not the flashest design, but an enormous range of material and places to visit, plus a good online chat room.
New Student Transfers System
Churchill House customers can now organise their arrival and departure transfers online.
It is now official… excellent quality and great value.
We are really pleased to announce that we have been short listed for not one but two awards.
Welcome to our new website
Please let us know what you think.
Join our site
It's free to join. Take part in the discussions on our site, receive news of events and special offers, and keep in touch with old and new Churchill House friends.