English for Juniors (age 10 to 16)
“English for Juniors Plus Local Activities and Excursions”
If you are aged between 10 and 16 years old you will need a teacher who is happy to provide the extra care and welfare you require. A teacher who is happy to organise and accompany you in a stimulating social programme outside your lesson times.
We have teachers who will take full responsibility for their student and will provide the best learning environment for them. Lessons are a combination of practical activities mostly focussing on listening and speaking, together with written and spoken exercises, to improve grammar and build vocabulary.
The courses are for children aged between 10 and 16 years.
Host families are carefully selected for their suitability to teach and care for children.
Children are supervised and the host families act in loco parentis so your children are safe and secure at all times.
All costs are included - children need only bring pocket money for personal purchases.
This course is made up of two parts:
- Tuition - Junior English
- Social Programme - Junior Plus Local Activities and Excursions
- Course tailored to age and ability.
- Combination of formal study with a lot of practical lessons (visits, games, projects).
- Variety to improve motivation.
- Fun activities to maximise learning.
- Materials could include published EFL materials for juniors, published learning materials for English children, magazines, the Internet, TV, video/DVD, radio and so on.
- Social and cultural aspects of English life are an integral part of the course.
English Plus Activities and Excursions (weekly programme)
- This programme includes one full day excursion and three half-days trips or activities. Popular options include sight-seeing, visits to museums and art galleries, visits to places of interest and local sports ( swimming, tennis on a local court), window shopping, art, arts & crafts. The student may take further excursions instead of activities.
The supplement does not cover the cost of expensive major admission fees or long distance trips. For example if the student is not staying in London a day in to London with a visit to Madame Tussaud’s or other major attractions is not included. Visits to major theme parks such as Legoland or Alton Towers are also not included nor activities such as horse riding or professional tennis lessons.
For students staying in London visits to the city centre will be included but not expensive admission charges.
Special Offer June 2013
New Student Transfers System
Churchill House customers can now organise their arrival and departure transfers online.
It is now official… excellent quality and great value.
We are really pleased to announce that we have been short listed for not one but two awards.
Join our site
It's free to join. Take part in the discussions on our site, receive news of events and special offers, and keep in touch with old and new Churchill House friends.