Living with an English family is an ideal way to use what you have learned in the classroom in a practical way. It is also a great way to learn more about English people and their way of life. At Churchill House, we have over 150 host families within 15 minutes walking distance from the school and others within 25 minutes. All host families are found and vetted by our accommodation department. We do not use agencies to find our host families for us.
There are four main options for students choosing homestay accommodation:
- Half Board Shared Room (£105 a week) - A room shared with another Churchill House student with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are not included.
- Half Board Single Room (£115 a week) - A private room with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are not included.
- Full Board Shared Room (£135 a week) - A room shared with another Churchill House student with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are included and provided at school.
- Full Board Single Room (£145 a week) - A private room with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are included and provided at school.
We would advise students that would like a bit more privacy to choose a single room. For students looking to practise their English and share their host family experience with a roommate of a different nationality, we would recommend a shared room.
Other Accommodation Options
Although we feel that staying with a host family is an ideal way to further develop you English language skills, we understand that it is not the perfect fit for some students. If you do not want to stay with a host family, we are able to offer the following accommodation options:
- Self Contained Flats (£110 - £200+ a week) - A private apartment. Meals are not included. A tenancy agreement may need to be signed. Utility bills (electricity, water and council tax) may need to be paid as extras.
- Hotels (£245 - £355+ a week) - A private hotel room. Meals are not included.
The following are available on request only:
- Bedsits (£80 - £90+ a week) - A private room in a guesthouse, usually with a communal bathroom. Meals are not included.
- Bed & Breakfasts (£245 - £355+) - A private lower-budget hotel room. Breakfasts are provided at the B&B. Lunches and dinners are not included.
Alternatively, you can arrange your own accommodation and just pay the school for lessons - please use our contact us form to email us for exact price details. You may still use all the school’s facilities including the Individual Learning Centre and the Churchill Tavern as well as being able to participate in Social Club activities. However, students cannot privately book any of the families currently on our register.