Before You Depart
- Ensure that you have all the documents necessary to travel (passport, identity cards and airline tickets)
- Ensure that you have all the documents necessary to enter the UK (visa letters, visa documents and letters of acceptance from the school)
- Check your departure flight. If it is likely to be heavily delayed please either call or text our emergency transfer telephone on 0044 7531 427628 making sure to leave your name and the new expected arrival time.
At the UK Immigration Desk
- Once your plane has landed proceed directly to the UK immigration area.
- EU students should only need to present their passport
- Non-EU students may have to complete an entry clearance form and should have all their visa and identity documents ready to speed up this process.
In the Arrivals Terminal
- Once you have passed through immigration you will reach the airport arrivals hall. The arrival terminal is usually a busy place so please try to relax and search calmly for a representative of Churchill House holding a sign with the name of the school and your name on it.
- When you find one of our representatives, ask them to show you their paperwork and identification. This will ensure that you’re are leaving with the right person and that there is no mix up between your destination.
If You Cannot Find a Churchill House Member of Staff
- DO NOT leave the arrivals terminal.
- Walk through the arrivals hall again, making sure to check all of the names on the cards of people waiting in the arrivals halls once again – you may have simply missed each other.
- If you see a Churchill House sign but the name on the card is different, please introduce yourself to that member of staff and they will find your courier for you.
- If you cannot see any of our staff members, go to the airport information desk and ask them to put a call out for a member of Churchill House staff.
- If there is no response to this call, ask the airport information desk to use their phone to call our emergency transfer telephone on 0044 7531 427628
- If there is no response to this call ask the airport information desk to use their phone to call our general emergency telephone on 0044 7889 029017
- The most important thing to remember is not to leave the airport terminal if you are unable to find our member of staff. Please stay where you are and repeat everything mentioned above.