Living in an English-speaking environment is the best way to learn and practice English.
Whether you want private accommodation or to experience life with a British family, we have a wide range of options available. Our friendly and experienced year-round team will find the accommodation that is best for you and will ensure that you are happy and comfortable in your new home.
Our most popular option is to live with a host family providing an opportunity to learn more about British lifestyle and culture, while also practising English in a natural setting. Churchill House has over 46 years of experience with Ramsgate families and has over 150 within twenty minutes’ walk or a short bus ride from the school. Each household is personally inspected by our Accommodation Managers every year to maintain our high standards of cleanliness, comfort and friendliness. We work with our homestay families all year round so we know them well and they really understand our students’ needs. We encourage them to speak English with you at every opportunity, so you can practice outside of your class.
We have different homestay options for you to choose from:
- Half board (breakfast and dinner provided by your host family Monday- Friday, plus lunch on weekends only)
- Full board (breakfast and dinner provided by your host family, lunches provided at school during the week and by the host family on weekends)
- Single Room to yourself
- Shared room, shared with a student of a different nationality
Choosing My Host Family
When you book we ask about your needs, for example:
- Do you have any dietary requirements or allergies? It may cost a little more to stay with a family providing a specialised diet.
- Would you prefer a smoking or non-smoking home?
- Would you prefer to live with or without dogs or cats? Many English homes have pets so if you prefer no pets then this may limit the choice of family?
Most of our families accommodate one or two students, some even welcome up to four students. We have many years’ experience in matching students to families and have a good record of success. However, if you are not happy with the family for any reason, we will try hard to resolve any issues. If this cannot be done we will quickly transfer you to another family.
Paying the Family
Family costs are included in the fees quoted on your Certificate of Enrolment. So you pay us for your accommodation and we pay your host family.
Other Accommodation Options
If you prefer, we can help find other accommodation in the local area, including:
- Hotel (5 minutes from the school)
- Guesthouse (15 minutes from school)
- Self-contained Flats
Alternatively you can find your own accommodation and just pay us for lessons. Please note: you cannot privately book host families currently on our register.