This policy governs any kind of processing (including collection, use, transfer, storage and deletion) of personally identifiable information (any information that may be used to identify a physical person, and any other information associated therewith) about natural persons using this website. This policy applies to our processing of data collected through any means, actively as well as passively, online from persons located anywhere in the world. Any question regarding our processing of personal data may be directed to: email@example.com.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand what information we may collect from you, how we may use it, and your rights in respect of our use.
We will be guided by the following principles when processing data:
- We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes.
- We will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes.
- We will not use data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent.
- We will not transfer data to third parties or across borders, except as stated herein, or with prior consent.
- We will seek to verify and/or update data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments of personal data.
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure.
- Except when stated herein, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
This policy covers Churchill House School of English Language Ltd. and Churchill House Summer Centres.
Cookies Used On This Website
We currently do not collect any cookie data on our website.
Changes to Our Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy. Your continued use of this website will be deemed to signify your acceptance to any changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
How We Will Use Your Information
Churchill House may store and collect different types of data, depending on your relationship with us.
Because of the nature of the services we provide (accommodation, catering, welfare, transport etc.) we may need to collect the following types of information about you, as a customer, and (if you are booking for someone else) the student’s information. This data may include:
Contact Information – this may include your telephone and email address, and also contact information for the next of kin for all bookings.
Identity Data – includes your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport/ID/Visa information, academic information (e.g. if using our online placement test), CCTV imagery.
Financial/Transaction information – if booking a service with us we will need to take payment details such as credit card information or bank details. We will also keep a record of all transactions for a minimum of 6 years in line with UK law.
Special Category Data – such as health information (e.g. medical conditions/allergies we may need to provide support with), religious beliefs, gender.
Marketing/Communications Data – Includes marketing data to allow us to provide you with marketing information, offers and newsletters, and to record your preferences for these services, including recording if you opt out of further communications.
Profile Data – to help us provide a more personalised service which is suited to meet your preferences.
Technical Data – includes user names/passwords for our systems, WIFI login information. We may also collect information about your access to the website e.g. IP address, location, browser type.
Staff / Applicant Information
In addition to the above information, we will also collect the following:
- Work History
- DBS/Safeguarding information including details of unspent criminal convictions and offences (where not covered by Section 1(1) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974)
- Academic record e.g. qualifications, CPD
- Appraisal information
- Feedback from you
- Reference information
Sharing of Information
Churchill House shares information about customers only for the following purposes:
Accommodation Management e.g. with homestay hosts, accommodation providers.
Student Welfare e.g. managing medical emergencies.
Airport Transfers – sufficient information for taxi drivers to collect students e.g. name/travel details/mobile phone number.
Accreditation Bodies – e.g. class lists. Information is minimised to the minimum needed to carry out inspection reports and destroyed as soon as that purpose is completed.
Staff Information – may be shared with accrediting bodies (qualifications and employment history), local authorities/law enforcement, and for the purpose of reference requests.
Immigration/Law enforcement/Government Requirements – on request only.
3rd Party Technical Contractors – e.g. back up providers, database developers/support providers. Management of this information will be managed by contract and data will not be moved outside the UK.
Storage of Personal Information
Any information collected from you will be stored securely and disposed of securely as required. You can contact us at anytime to have these details removed from our database however, please note that:
1. Transactional information must be kept for accounting purposes for a minimum of 6 financial years.
2. Immigration information will be kept as required by UK law – currently 3 years.
3. Staff information will be retained for a maximum of ten years for reference and legal compliance reasons.
4. Unsuccessful staff applications will be destroyed at the end of the calendar year for which they applied.
5. Staff who withdraw from contracts will have their withdrawal recorded for a maximum of 5 years, though this will be reduced to identifying information, contract dates and reason for withdrawal at the end of the contracted calendar year.
Apart from these requirements, any other personal information will be purged/anonymised at the end of each calendar year.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by trademark and copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
The trademarks depicted on our site are owned by us or our clients.
All materials on this site, including but not limited to images, artwork, text, audio clips, and video clips, are, unless otherwise stated, owned and controlled by us and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or unauthorized use of the materials for any purpose is a violation of our legal rights.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, or copy any part of our site without our express permission.
Churchill House operates under UK law.